COVID-19 Update – July 2020Barneys Originals
We hope you’re all safe and well! We’re happy to announce that US shipping is now available. We have been made aware that there is a slight delay at customs, which is to be expected under the current circumstances. With DHL you’ll be able to track your parcel every step of the way with text and email updates, to give you a little extra peace of mind.
We’re still working with a limited team, with most of our staff working from home. We’re also receiving returned items once a week from Royal Mail holding. This is causing a slight delay on exchanges and refunds, which we’re aware of and making the effort to switch to a twice weekly collection where possible.
We have also switched back to our usual 30 day returns policy as the UK continues to open back up with safety at a high priority. If you do have an issue returning an item, please get in touch.
We hope you’re all safe and well! As we continue to put safety first – we’re slowly rolling out international shipping options on our website.
We now ship to:
UK, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland.
Most our staff are working from home, with a limited team working in our warehouse fulfilling orders. We’ve decided to slowly roll out extra shipping options to ensure our staff can keep up with the demand.
Our previous policy on international shipping still stands: Returns are at the cost of the customer and we’re not responsible for any taxes & duties incurred.
Please don’t panic if you don’t see your country on the list, we’re hoping to add more in the future if this trial period succeeds.
UK returns update
We’re still experiencing a minor delay in our returns process, this is mainly due to our depot pick ups being reduced. However, if you’ve returned an item via our Royal Mail service you will have tracking details with your receipt to keep updated at every step of the way.
As you may be aware the Barneys Originals website closed late March during the Covid-19 lockdown. We’re now ready to accept domestic (UK) online orders.
Like many of you, we are eager to get things ‘back to normal’ but we wanted to take extra precautions to make sure all of our staff were safe and that we could operate without leaving customers disappointed with a slow service. With that in mind, we’ve made a few changes to our operations to ensure that we’re strictly following the government’s guidelines.
Every member of staff will continue to work from home unless they absolutely must come into the office – for example, to pick and pack parcels. Our fulfilment team will be extremely limited ensuring we are able to keep an even safer distance than recommended by the government.
As we are running at a limited capacity, you may notice some changes in our service. Here’s everything you need to know before making a purchase…
- We’re only shipping to UK addresses.
- We’ve extended our processing time to up to 3 days.
- Your item will be shipped on a 24hr service – however, we have been informed by Royal Mail that they have experienced delays. You’ll be issued a tracking code to keep an eye on your item’s progress.
- All items now come under our 60 returns policy, to ensure you can return goods safely – especially if your local Post Office is operating reduced hours. Please visit this link to print off a free Royal Mail return label: https://www.royalmail.com/track-my-return/create/3480
- Please note that returns are taking longer to process than normal. Once an item is returned please allow 7-10 working days for this to be processed. If you have any issues with a return please contact customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org
We’d like to thank you for your patience and support during this challenging time and hope that you’re all safe and well. We will be continuously reviewing the situation and keeping you up to date at all times if any changes are made.