What type of leather does Barneys Originals use?
We use a range of skins throughout our leather collection. The most common are sheep nappa, buffalo & goat suede. We work alongside AMFORI audited factories & Leather Working Group tanneries to ensure a consistent quality throughout. The leather we use is a by-product of the food industry. We’re proud to say this as we were taught not to waste! This is one part of our commitment to responsible production.
Any item marked as ‘faux’ is not real leather. We are committed to finding new and exciting alternatives to real leather.
Do you have a retail shop I can visit?
Unfortunately we no longer have a brick and mortar retail shop and our warehouse is not open to members of the public.
Do I need an account to purchase on BarneysOriginals.com?
You are not required to sign up for an account on our website to make a purchase. If you do not wish to sign up to the website, you can check out as a guest. However, signing up for an account allows you keep your details on file – shipping address, order numbers, order history – to make shopping with us a breeze in the future. Please note, we do not keep a record of any payment details bar the customer billing address which is used for security purposes.
Where can I view the Barneys Originals size chart?
Depending on the leather used and the shape of the jackets – the sizing can vary across the range. That’s why we have chosen to create Individual size charts for each and every jacket. You can view each size chart via the specific product page. You’ll find the option to view the size chart under the ‘Add to Wishlist’ button. This is visible on both desktop and mobile. See our screenshot example below.
I cannot find my country listed on the checkout page – What countries does Barneys Originals ship to?
We currently offer a limited amount of shipping destinations which covers: United Kingdom, America & Australia. We have unfortunately been forced to temporarily pause our European shipping due to unstable duties and taxes. We hope to bring back Euro shipping soon. Until then, please visit our retail partners ASOS, who offer shipping via their European distribution center.
I’d like to return an Item – how do I return my purchase to Barneys Originals?
We currently offer a free return service to UK customers only. All International customers are required to arrange their own return shipments. All customers can return their purchase within 30 days of receiving the Item for a full refund, exchange or replacement. For full details, please read further.
Returning your Barneys Originals order – UK customers
If you’re based in the UK, you can use our free Royal Mail tracked returns service. You can access this service here: https://www.royalmail.com/track-my-return/create/3480 By filling in the short survey, you will receive a label that you can print yourself and drop off at your local Royal Mail. If you do not have a printer available – don’t worry – you will also receive an email from Royal Mail containing a QR code. Simply show this at your local Post Office and they will be able to print a label on your behalf.
Please note: We do NOT offer a collection service and you will be charged by Royal Mail if you choose this option.
Returning your Barneys Originals order – International customers
Unfortunately we do not currently offer a free returns service at Barneys Originals for international customers. We advise clearly marking your parcel as ‘RETURNED GOODS’ to ensure the shipment races no further duties or taxes. All parcels must be returned at your own cost – covering duties and taxes – to the following address:
12 STOCKS STREET,
Your item will be refunded upon arrival. Should you wish to exchange your item you will need to reorder and pay for the cost of shipping.
How long do refunds take?
We aim to process refunds within 5 working days of your order arriving back with us. Depending on the payment gateway you use, the time it takes for the funds to arrive in your account may differ. Payments made via Paypal can take up to 48hrs, but we find they are usually received within the hour. If you used the Stripe payment gateway with your credit or debit card, refunds can take 5 – 8 days depending on your own personal banking. Before returning you item, please take a look at our UK & international return policy.
How do I pay for my order?
You can shop with BARNEYS ORIGINALS in numerous ways, depending on your financial provider and preferred payment gateway. Please note, we are strictly online only and do not take payment over the phone or in person.
Current payment options:
- Stripe – Credit Card & Debit Card If have your card to hand, you can swiftly and easily pay using your card details. Your payment will be processed via the Stripe secure payment gateway. We do not keep a record of your card details on our website.
- PayPal – Digital wallet, card payment or credit If you already have a PayPal account and don’t have your bank card to hand, PayPal is the choice for you. All payments and refunds will be logged in your PayPal dashboard.
- Klarna – Pay in 3 As of November 2020, you can now split the cost of your order via Klarna. Simply head to the checkout, select Klarna and choose your repayment plan. The first payment will be taken from your account upon your order dispatching. To learn more about paying in 3 instalments, head to our Klarna FAQ.
- Google Pay – If you are shopping via your android mobile device, you will notice a Google Pay button on every product page. This allows you to skip part of the checkout by auto filling in your billing details by using your Google wallet. Please ensure your information is up to date on your Google Pay wallet.
- Apple Pay – If you are shopping via an Apple mobile device or desktop, you will notice an Apple Pay button on every product page. This allows you to skip part of the checkout by auto filling in your billing details by using your Apple wallet. Please ensure your information is up to date on your Apple Pay wallet when choosing this payment method.
What personal data do you keep on file?
When someone makes a purchase on BarneysOriginals.com, we ask for a delivery address, an email address and a name. All payments are handled via third party secure payment gateways i.e Paypal, Stripe, Klarna; so no card details are kept on our server. For your records, you’ll receive an invoice with your billing & delivery address, with a summary of the items you have chosen. We do not keep an external printed copy of this invoice.